Find a Reliable Probate Attorney in Tracy, CA Today!

Probate Solutions from The Bakerink, McCusker & Belden Team

When you need legal support regarding probate matters in the Tracy, CA area, the seasoned team at Bakerink, McCusker & Belden would be happy to assist. If you have been named the personal representative or administrator for your deceased loved one’s probate, do not panic. We at Bakerink, McCusker & Belden can help! We have been the Greater Central Valley’s premier estate and probate attorneys for nearly four decades, and we look forward to assisting you through probate court.

What is Probate?

Probate is a court process concerning the administration of a person’s estate after their passing. Prior to beginning the probate process, you must obtain the authority to proceed by the court. If the decedent had a will and you were elected as the personal representative, you must prove the validity of the will. If your deceased loved one did not have a valid will, you might be named the administrator via the probate court. The main objective of probate is to collect the decedent’s assets, notify creditors, pay liabilities, and distribute remaining assets to the rightful heirs. Probate court acts as careful supervision of the processes that transfer legal titles of property from the estate of the decedent to their chosen beneficiaries. It also may take longer, cost more, and is more public than that of trust administration.

Why Would You Apply for Probate?

The purpose of probate is to prevent fraud after a person’s death. Probate court works to actively freeze the estate until a judge determines that the will is valid, all relevant people have been notified, all creditors and taxes have been paid, and all the property in the estate has been identified and appraised. Once these probate matters are concluded, the court will issue an order that distributes the property, and the estate is then closed.

Is it Necessary to Go Through Probate?

It is not always necessary to go through probate. If the person who passed away did not have any property to transfer, or when a living trust holds the title to some of the decedent’s property, you can typically forgo probate court. With that being said, a California probate is necessary when a decedent passes away testate or intestate with an estate valued more than $150,000.

Do You Need Help with The Probate Process?

The probate process can be quite lengthy and varies by state and by individual case. You may find different requirements, procedures, and documents needing to be gathered, so it is in your best interest to hire an attorney. Choosing not to hire a probate attorney puts a lot on your plate, as you will be expected to perform the following duties on your own:

  • Locate and control assets
  • Identify and resolve any issues with creditors
  • Pay necessary taxes
  • Fully account for all your actions
  • Distribute assets according to decedent’s will

Without a skilled lawyer to consult with, these tasks can quickly become overwhelming to navigate. Leave the deadlines, document gathering, and phone calls to the professional team at Bakerink, McCusker & Belden. We can get this process going and provide the proper guidance so you can have peace of mind knowing every detail is attended to.

Request Your Free Consultation Today!

If you are a Tracy, CA local in need of a reliable and knowledgeable probate attorney, reach out to the law firm of Bakerink, McCusker & Belden. We offer no-obligation, complimentary case evaluations to Central Valley because we believe everyone deserves access to reliable legal services.

Contact us today for more information or to receive your free case review. We look forward to assisting you.