Personal Injury Lawyer in Tracy
Personal injury law is a complex practice area that may involve cases of negligence on part of an individual, corporation, or a group of people. There are many different types of personal injuries that may warrant compensation, and speaking with an attorney is the best way to determine if you have a case regarding injuries you have recently suffered. By contacting Bakerink, McCusker & Belden in Tracy, you can rest assured that you have an experienced legal team on your side to help you seek a favorable outcome in your case.
Reasons to Seek a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered an injury as a result of negligence or recklessness, you may face a number of medical expenses as well as the hardship of missing work. When you work with a personal injury attorney to seek compensation for your injuries, you can maintain your financial health as you recover and get your life back on track. While you can file a case on your own, it is beneficial to work with an attorney who is familiar with the details of personal injury law in California. With the experience of a personal injury lawyer, you will know who may be held responsible for your injuries, how much compensation you might seek, and how to achieve success in your case.
What to Expect in Your Personal Injury Consultation
You should not hesitate to seek the help of a lawyer following a wrongful injury so that you can get your case moving. In your initial consultation, you will have an opportunity to ask questions about what your case will involve and how much experience your attorney has. Here’s a closer look at some of the details you and your lawyer will discuss at your first meeting.
- Case assessment – Your lawyer will ask you to walk through all the details of your injury, which may include medical release forms and insurance information. Depending on the details of the injury, your lawyer will determine if the case is worth pursuing and identify the defendants in your case.
- Financial planning – Financial restrictions should not hold you back from contacting a lawyer, as most personal injury cases are taken on a contingency basis. That means that you will not pay for your representation until you have received your settlement.
Examples of Personal Injury Claims
If an individual’s recklessness or negligence causes an injury, that individual may have a personal injury claim filed against him or her. Here are a few cases that personal injury attorneys often see.
- Auto Accident Injury: Every year, over two million drivers cause injuries as a result of their reckless choices. Filing a personal injury claim is one way to hold these irresponsible drivers accountable.
- Slip and Fall Injury: Every property owner has a duty to keep his or her property safe for visitors. If a hazard causes you to fall and injure yourself, the property owner could be liable for your injuries and associated expenses.
- Dog Bite Injury: Dog owners are responsible for the actions of their pets. If you have been bitten by a dog, consider filing a personal injury claim.
At Bakerink, McCusker & Belden, we provide representation in all types of personal injury cases, so give us a call at (209) 835-9592 to discuss our case. We provide free initial consultations, and we have been serving the Tracy community for more than 35 years.