Personal Injury Lawyers in Tracy, CA
Don’t Hesitate to Seek Personal Injury Representation
Finding a personal injury lawyer is a challenge. Many people don’t know where to start their search, and the process becomes even harder when you add a significant injury to the mix. At Bakerink, McCusker & Belden, we strive to make personal injury law as accessible as possible to our Tracy, CA clients. We understand that you may be dealing with physical pain and mental trauma, so we’re committed to giving you a streamlined personal injury claims process. Learn more about personal injury cases and what we can do to help.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
Any time you’ve suffered an injury as the result of another’s negligence, you should consider speaking with a personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, and a professional legal team can help you smoothly navigate the claims process. California personal injury law is complex, and you may have to deal with complicated legal jargon. The team at Bakerink, McCusker & Belden is here to help you understand the law, defend your rights, and obtain the compensation you need.
We Can Help with These Types of Accidents
Our team has a wealth of knowledge concerning a variety of personal injury claims. We’ve worked with victims of car accidents, as well as cases involving premises liability. Whatever your situation, be sure to discuss your options with our attorneys. Specifically, we can help you with these types of cases, among others:
- Auto Accidents: Driving can be dangerous, especially when other drivers choose to be reckless. If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Trucking Accidents: Truckers drive long distances and stay awake for long hours. Unfortunately, trucking accidents are all too common. We can help victims gather evidence of negligence and help them earn compensation for their injuries.
- Pedestrian & Bicycle: If you’ve been involved in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, the team at Bakerink, McCusker & Belden is glad to take a look at your case.
- Slip and Fall: If an improperly-marked hazard has caused you to fall and injure yourself, we can help you build a case.
- Premises Liability: Property owners have a duty to maintain safe conditions for all guests. Any injuries due to neglect of property could entitle you to compensation.
- Dog Bites: Dog owners are responsible for keeping their pets under control. If a dog has bitten you and caused significant injury, the owner may be held liable.
What to Do After an Accident
Immediately after an accident, it can be difficult to think straight. If you or a loved one has been significantly injured, you may not have a chance to take proper steps. After an accident, your first order of business should always be medical attention. If the scene is deemed safe and you are physically able, it’s a good idea to take photos. These can be used as evidence as we work to build a case. If there is an opportunity, you should also collect contact information from the negligent party, as well as potential witnesses. Then, be sure to get in touch with a local personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Insurance companies do not have your best interests at heart, and they may try to settle for less than your case is worth. Once you have received the medical care you need, we should be your next call.
Understanding the Personal Injury Claims Process
The personal injury claims process can have many twists and turns. Fortunately, Bakerink, McCusker & Belden is on your side, and we’ll help you understand all the ins and outs of the complex timeline. We’re among the best personal injury attorneys in the region, and our team can guide you through the following steps:
- Filing the Claim: First, we’ll get to work building and filing a lawsuit on your behalf. Generally, the defendant will have 30 to 45 days to file a response.
- Negotiations: Negotiations can take place at any time during the claims process. In some cases, we can begin settlement negotiations before the claim is even filed.
- Dispute Resolution: Most of the time, we encourage our clients to work toward alternative dispute resolution. Mediation is a popular option that tends to occur nine to 18 months after the accident. If we cannot reach a settlement through these means, we will consider going to trial.
You May Be Eligible for Different Types of Damages
Every case is different, and as such, we can’t give a blanket answer as to what kinds of damages you might receive. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for all kinds of compensation. Some of the most common damages recovered from personal injury accidents include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
What to Expect from Us
When you choose Bakerink, McCusker & Belden, you can expect a range of expertise and accurate counsel. We’ve worked with countless clients throughout Tracy, CA and the surrounding areas, and we’re glad to help you as well. At your initial consultation, our personal injury lawyers will get an idea of your situation and provide legal guidance as needed. After your case assessment, we’ll get to work gathering evidence and building a solid case. We’re dedicated to getting you the compensation you need. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.