Brain Injury Attorney in Tracy, CA
Protect Your Rights With Help From Our Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries are extremely serious. Even minor brain injuries can have major, lasting impacts on your quality of life. The same injury can result in two different outcomes in two different people, making it very difficult to anticipate the long-term consequences of a brain injury.
If you’ve sustained a brain injury in an accident or other incident that may have been someone else’s fault, contact the team at Bakerink, McCusker & Belden right away. Our head injury lawyer will fight to protect your legal rights and help you obtain the compensation you need.
Types of Brain Injuries
Our brain injury lawyer has worked with patients suffering from varying types of head injuries. There are several main types of brain injuries:
- Closed brain injuries: A closed brain injury happens when an injury to the brain is suffered without a break in the skull. An example of this is a head being struck with force can cause a rapid movement of the skull that makes the brain strike the walls of the skull, resulting in bruising and tearing of brain tissue.
- Penetrating brain injuries: A penetrating brain injury occurs when an injury to the brain is caused by a penetration of the skull by an object such as a knife, or a bullet.
- Hypoxic/anoxic brain injuries: A hypoxic or anoxic brain injury occurs when the brain is partially or completely deprived of oxygen. This can be caused by events such as drowning or stroke.
Damages From a Brain Injury
A personal injury claim can seek compensation for the value of medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Damages that can be sought include:
- Medical expenses: This includes medical expenses incurred as a result of your injury and future medical expenses. These can include medical procedures such as surgeries, as well as medications and at-home accommodations.
- Lost wages: This includes the value of wages lost as a result of your injury and the loss of future wages you could have earned.
- Pain and suffering: This form of damages is based on the physical and emotional stress experienced as a result of an injury.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries in Tracy, CA
Common causes of brain injuries include:
- Bicycle accidents
- Falling object accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sports accidents
- Workplace accidents
FAQs About Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- What is a traumatic brain injury? A TBI is any trauma to the head that results in damage to the brain. While most TBIs are minor and produce only short-term alterations of mental status or consciousness, some produce lasting, or even lifelong, consequences.
- What are the signs of a brain injury? The human brain is extremely complex, and different brains can react to the same injury differently. If you suspect you have a TBI, you should seek the advice of a medical professional. Some signs to look for include headaches, dizziness, nausea, seizures, loss of memory, difficulty concentrating, and confusion.
- How long does a traumatic brain injury last? This depends on the injury. Concussions typically improve fairly quickly, with effects generally lasting no longer than three months. A severe brain injury can result in the need for lifelong care. Generally, the more severe the trauma, the longer it is likely to last and the more debilitating it is likely to be.
- Can I file a lawsuit for my brain injury? If you think you have a claim, you should speak with a skilled brain injury attorney to explore your options.
Why Choose Our Brain Injury Lawyer?
- Free consultations: If you are unsure if you have a valid traumatic brain injury case, let us help you figure it out. Learn how we can help you with your potential brain injury lawsuit with a free consultation.
- Experience: When you are struggling with a brain injury, you want an attorney that is prepared to investigate your claim, and file your suit. Experience is key. We have been representing clients in Tracy, CA for over 35 years.
- Passion: We care about you and your needs, and want to help hold those responsible for your trauma accountable.
Contact Bakerink, McCusker, and Belden in CA Today
Hiring the right lawyer is a critical step in getting fully compensated for your brain injury. With over 35 years of experience, Bakerink, McCusker & Belden are here to help you and your loved ones get fully compensated for the costs of medical expenses, lost wages, and more. Contact us for a free consultation today.